Tuesday 6 October 2015

Finding A Way by T.E. Black




Title: Finding a Way
Series: Unexpected Love #1
Author: T.E. Black
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: October 1, 2015



I am finally free.
This is my chance for a fresh start. 
My chance to live the way I want to. 
Boston is my destination.
Just when I think things are going to get better from here, I meet him.
Malcolm Davis.
He is the image of masculinity, with rough edges I would love to soften. Although I wonder what it would be like to be with a man like him, I know it would never work. But, I do know two things, ever since I met him, I’m happy and he makes me feel safe. Both of those things lured me into taking a chance. I mean what’s life without taking any chances? It’s not much of a life without the risk of getting your heart broken.
I imagine that for Malcolm Davis, falling in love with someone would be akin to a hurricane; anything that stands in the path of what he wants; gets demolished.
Well, I guess my theory will be put to the test.


 
I think my cock was hard before I even met her in person. Sierra wouldn't shut the fuck up about how good looking her damn friend was the past two weeks. She kept making Evan promise he wouldn't even pass her a second glance. Me, I planned on giving her plenty of glances if she had any of the sexy attributes Sierra described. Who knows, maybe I'd even give her the night of her life. When she walked out her front door though, My mouth hit her perfectly maintained driveway. Sierra's vivid description didn't even do this girl justice. She was beautiful. It's rare I use the term, but it was the only way to describe her. Light skin complemented by long auburn hair which cascaded down her back. Killer chest with a tight, flat stomach, followed by wide hips and thick short legs. She’s every man's wet dream. Those damn blue eyes drew me in the minute I saw them. A mixture of dark and light that reminded me of the ocean—or some other sappy shit. She’s the perfect woman, and I knew I would have to have her sooner or later.




T.E. Black, also known as Tiffany, lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and two dogs. She enjoys reading, coffee, writing, graphic design, camping, and has a weakness for designer purses and shoes. 
Tiffany was inspired to write while she was reading her favorite romance novels. Her first novel, Finding a Way (Unexpected Love Series #1), was written within three months. Currently, she is writing her second novel, Finding Serenity (Unexpected Love Series #2), set to be released in late 2015 / early 2016. 
Tiffany loves to hear from her fans through social media and encourages anyone who wants to gush about her favorite characters, Mac and Callie, to do so.

HOSTED BY:



4 'RED' Stars

This is a debut novel for T.E. Black and I was surprised by the intensity of the characters. Both Malcolm and Callie were well portrayed and very lovable. Each were fierce and sweet in their own rights. They are definitely outgoing characters that captures you as a reader from the start.

Callie's heartbreak and guilt over the fatal accident which took her fiance, has given her years of therapy as she slipped into a painful depression. Her parents has kept her grounded for years, ensuring she goes through the necessary therapy before she commits to her dream college in Boston. Finally getting the ok, after her many therapy sessions, Callie is set and ready to go.

Moving to Boston, Callie meets  Mac. The friend of her best friend's boyfriend. Instantly, she is taken back by his outgoing persona and his looks. Malcolm Davis is the whoring, bad boy of Boston. He's gorgeous, tatted, muscular and has the bad ass, take no prisoners attitude to prove it. And, boy! does Mac rock his sexiness.

Malcolm Davis was a rebellious bad boy, adopted at sixteen, in the system since birth. He was shocked that his parents wanted a sixteen year old. But what shocked him more, was the love and undevoted attention they gave him. His father teaching his about cars, gave Mac a way to earn money and a renewed passion for life. 

Both him and Callie have this instant attraction to each other. Mac doesn't want to admit the way Callie affects him. It isn't simply about her looks, but the way she makes him feel. She's special and he can't deny the strong feelings he has for her.

This girl isn't just hot. She's beautiful, kind, and funny.
And as much as I try to tell myself I only want her for one night, the truth is...I'm completely fucked.

Callie wants to focus on school. She's too afraid to get close to anyone because her guilt over losing her fiance, Derrick, haunts her present. Her nightmares are endless, cold sweat, blood and utter despair. Callie can't afford to lose anyone else. She friend zones Mac instantly. Even though their interactions are anything but friendly, she can't seem to move past it.

I was perturbed by Callie's hot and cold behaviour at times. One minute it's all dandy, then when her relationship with Mac becomes too intense she takes a step back and bam! they're back to step one. Mac on the other hand, wants Callie so bad, that he is willing to turn over a new leaf. Even though his past causes him heartbreak, his loss shatters him everyday. Losing a loved one, is never easy, especially when he tried to save her. He believes he isn't good enough for Callie, but he's more than willing to try, not withstanding his many mistakes.

Soon we see both Callie and Mac relenting and the start of their relationship is bitter sweet. Mac's past catches up to them and causes some road bumps along the way. These two are so perfect for the other. Each even more stubborn than the other, always battling the small things, yet they are filled with so much love. That their trials only strengthen them. Ensuring they come out on top.

"I'm the poison and she is the cure. Without each other neither one of us will exist." 

A sweet and loveable story that will make you fall in love all over again. Renewing your youthful years and making you reminisce about past loves. Finding A Way is synonymous with it's name.

*ARC provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions on behalf of the author for an honest review* Thanks!









No comments:

Post a Comment