Friday 23 October 2015

Love Unspoken (Flawed Love #2) by Lisa De Jong


Love Unspoken by Lisa De Jong  is FINALLY here!
Blake, Lila and Pierce's story continues in the newest addition to the Flawed Love Series!


LOVE UNSPOKEN IS LIVE!  





SYNOPSIS


I lent my heart to the bad boy, and he did exactly what I expected he would. He broke it.
And the guy I should have been with—he’s still here. He tries to take my mind off everything I’ve lost while showing me what I could have. I’m ready for a new start, to fall in love again … to do what I should have done in the first place.

Everything seems perfect.

Then the past comes walking back in. I thought I was over him, but one look and I know that’s not true. We went through too much together for those feelings to completely fade away.

When my past and present collide, how am I supposed to choose? They both love me, and I love them.

A heart will be broken … and it could be mine.




Excerpt

     “If I had come home sooner, would I have had a chance?” he asks, sinking down in the bed until we’re eye to eye. He knows he’s making it impossible for me to skirt around the truth.
Eyes don’t easily lie to eyes.
“Yes,” I whisper. “I waited for you. Until New York, it would have been you.”
His fingers come up, gently brushing a piece of hair from my forehead. “I really fucked up with you, didn’t I?”
“Neither of us was in the right place. It wasn’t our time.”
He moves closer, brushing his thumb against my cheek. My conscience whispers but the tequila screams. “When will it be our time?”
I think about Pierce. This weekend. Everything. “It may never come, or maybe, it’s already passed.”
“I’m going to fight for you,” he declares, propping himself up on his elbow to look down at me. “I thought I could let you go if I knew it would make you happy, but after sitting alone in this apartment all weekend while you were with him, I don’t think I can do that.”
I swallow hard. “And, if you don’t win?”
“I’ve already lost, so what do I have left to lose?”
And, he’s right. He’s already lost so much that the risk is minimal.
“Pierce trusts me,” I blurt, my palms sweating against the sheets.
He leans in, kissing my cheek. “He shouldn’t trust me, not when he has the one thing I want.”
“Blake?”
He slips out of my bed without looking back, carefully closing the bedroom door behind him. He wanted the last word, and he got it.



Lisa DeJong


Lisa De Jong is a wife, mother and full-time number cruncher who lives in the Midwest. Her writing journey involved insane amounts of coffee and many nights of very little sleep but she wouldn't change a thing. She also enjoys reading, football and music.






GIVEAWAY
$50 Amazon Gift Card

Ahahahhhhhaa.... I finally get some peace after that dreadful cliffy in book one. Love triangles, you gotta love them. So much drama and angst.

“Love is complicated, and in its best form, it’s unspoken.”
Book 2 picks right up where book 1 ended. Lila is broken. She's devastated over the loss of Blake. Now she must try to pick up the pieces of her shattered heart and move on. But how can a love so strong and complete, move on without it's other half? Slowly, and painfully, Lila, with the help of Pierce, learns to laugh again.

“Our hearts weren’t made to hold one person. They were made to love many with a special place for the one we love the most.”
Pierce is the epitome of the statement 'patience is virtue' because this man waited Lila out. He was kind and endearing, and his alpha male character was shining. The man was fierce. He knew what he wanted and he took his time. I loved the way Lisa De Jong gave us a different side of Pierce in this book. It added so much dynamics to the story. And it didn't hurt at all to read more about Pierce.

Blake, as must as I understood his demons and his reasons for running, I always believe that once you love someone, you will fight tooth and nail to be with them. A love like that can never, die. So, of course I hated Blake. I was so angry with and at him. Now when Lila and Pierce are finally having their moment, boom!!! Blake arrives.

Blake versus Pierce

“I’m not perfect, or even any semblance of it, but when I’m with you, everything feels perfect. When we’re apart, I wake up lonely without you by my side. You’re the one thing in this world that I can’t live without and the one thing I want to live for. You make me believe in true love–the unconditional kind. You make me believe in God again. You make me want to be better. You make me want to move forward.”

Well done Blake, you could sway anyone with those words. But not me!! Nuu uhhh. I am team Pierce all the way, this time.

Blake re-enters both Lila and Pierce's lives and he turns things upside down. Now Lila must choose which love she loves the most. Hearts will breaks, tears will fall, but only one victor will reign.

#TeamPierceAlltheWay

*ARC provided by TRSOR on behalf of the author for an honest review* Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment