Friday 3 April 2015

Sweet Hope (Sweet Home #4) by Tillie Cole


Title: Sweet Hope
Series: Sweet Home #4
Author: Tillie Cole

Age group: New adult

Genre: Contemporary romance


Release date: 29th March 2015


BLURB

From the USA Today Bestselling Sweet Home Series, comes Sweet Hope.

My name is Ally Prince and I've always been unlucky in love. I dont know why, I just always have.

When all of my best friends were falling for their soul mates in College, I was left behind. I was Ally, the pretty cousin of superstar quarterback, Romeo Prince. I was Ally, the best friend to the most amazing group of girls I've ever knowna title I loved, but one I became tired of 'just' being. And I was Ally, the one on which they could all rely.

But to me, I was Ally, the girl with the heart no one had claimed... And I was, Ally, the girl, who underneath it all, was heart-breakingly lonely.

I LOVE love; the thought of it, the nervous excitement of falling for Mr. Right, the desire of someone becoming my entire world... of me becoming theirs. Ive always wanted passion, heart-stopping, epic, life-changing romance... Ive always wanted the fairytale Ive always wanted it all.

It just never seemed like I would get it.

For the past few years I've thrown myself into my career as a museum curator. Im the best of the best, the person every museum wants to hire, so when an opportunity came up to move to Seattle, I jumped at the chance. My cousin and my best friend lived in Seattle and I needed a change.

I needed a new beginning.

I wasn't expecting to meet anyone in the Emerald City. I wasn't expecting to work closely with the reclusive new sculptor my all-important gallery design was centered around. And I certainly wasn't expecting to fall for him... heart-stopping, epic, life-changing love...
My real life fairytale come true.

But, like in every fairytale, theres a villain, a dark and tortured soul... I just didn't know that the villain and the hero in my story would end up being one and the same.

New Adult Romance Novelcontains adult content, sexual situations and mature topics. Suited for ages 18 and up.

Book Links





AUTHOR BIO

Amazon & USA Today Best Selling Author, Tillie Cole is a Northern girl through and through. She originates from a place called Teesside on that little but awesomely sunny (okay I exaggerate) Isle called Great Britain. She was brought up surrounded by her English rose mother a farmers daughter, her crazy Scottish father, a savagely sarcastic sister and a multitude of rescue animals and horses

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS




GIVEAWAY


Excerpt 

As the curtains closed behind me, I jumped in surprise when I caught movement ahead.
My eyes slowly traveled upward to a pair of legs clad in black jeans, to a sculpted waist and torso covered in a short-sleeved black shirt splashed in what looked like marble dust.
My heart was in my throat as I drank in large arm muscles, sculpted and pronounced under heavily tattooed olive skin. My gaze drifted to a muscular tattooed neck, partially covered by a dark short scruffy beard and shoulder-length dark brown hair.
Elpidio
I had to blink to believe the man Id wanted to meet for years was really standing right in front of me. I forgot how to breathe. I forgot how to speak, move, or anything else that should come naturally to a human being.
Elpidios head was down, avoiding my gaze, but I knew he knew I was there. Every inch of his body was taut, as if ready to spring.
My voice failed to work as I watched his broad chest rise and fall. Then, with deliberate slowness, he exhaled harshly through his nostrils and lifted his head.
I nearly staggered back.
He was dark. There was no other adjective I could think of to do him justice. Dark, aggressively tattooed, and absolutely yet unconventionally beautiful.
Elpidio was as inspiring to look at as his sculptures, and when his almost-black eyes pierced mine, I released a pent up shuddering breath.
I thought my legs would give way as I watched those curious onyx irises rove all over my body. I trembled under his scrutiny, knees weak, heart fluttering.
Italian, I thought. Austin had been right. Elpidio definitely looked Italian.
It felt as though minutes passed in silence as we stood motionless, not knowing what to say.
Trying to salvage a modicum of professionalism, I snapped out of my stupor and stepped forward, timidly holding out my hand.
Hello…” I said in a cracking voice.
Elpidios stern gaze never once drifted from mine, his dark eyes stabbing. Im Aliyana. You you must be Elpidio?
In a second, I witnessed paleness spread on his cheeks and his eyes dropped to the ground, his shoulder-length brown hair falling to cover his face. He was protecting his anonymity. Vin had told me how uncomfortable he was with any acclaim or recognition. His mentor clearly wasnt lying.
Its okay, I rushed out. Im the curator of your exhibition. Your being here stays with me. Im ethically bound to protect your anonymity if you so wish.
Elpidios shoulders seemed to relax some at that, and sighing reluctantly, he raked back his long hair from his face and raised his head.
This time I could see him more clearly. He was ruggedly edgy, and on his left cheek, he wore a tattoo of a black crucifix just below his eye. He simply screamed danger. His eyes were unnervingly assessing as though he had no trust in me, or toward anyone else for that matter.
Suddenly, Elpidio reached forward and encased his hand in mine. When our hands touched, I lightly gasped, the heat of his palm searing. Id forgotten Id been holding my hand out to greet him, too entranced by his unrefined looks and silent temperament.

 Aliyana, he said gruffly. My heart skipped a beat on hearing his husky drawl.




5 STARS

This is the last instalment in the Sweet Home Series and for me, it was the best written work by Tillie Cole yet. As much as I loved and still love Rome and Molly, I am even more infatuated with Elpi and Ally. I read this book a week ago and till today, I can't get pass the emotions and overwhelming feelings of awe and such a deep sense of peace and fulfillment over these two characters. My husband always sees me with my kindle and every month, he asks what's the best book you're read so far. I always tell him, my all time classics, but I shocked him when I said Tillie Cole's - Sweet Hope. He asked my why? My response was simple. REDEMPTION.


Ally, an art curator, meets the reclusive artist, Elpi, when she obtains a job to curate his first showing. Before meeting Elpi, Ally has studied and followed his work meticulously. Falling in love with his pieces of art, the masterful depictions, that elicit raw emotions from Ally. Giving a piece of his soul with every piece of his creation.


Upon meeting Elpi, Ally's entire world is turned upside down. Elpi isn't what she expected, and yet, he is everything she always dreamed of. Long hair, thick beard, heavily tattooed and with a muscular body that will taunt any woman. Talk about a swoon worthy bad boy, that is not only the villain but our hero. Ugghhhh!!! Just love it!!!!

"He's the most inspiring, courageous, beautifully dark, tortured, talented sculptor I've ever encountered..."
Elpidio has lived life on the verge of death for more years than he can count. Living in a self imposed prison, while paying for his sins, his youthful years of living a rough and tough life, has toughened his exterior. Yet, the tough man before Ally, is a man living in regret, whose emotional capacity has been drained. Using his sculpting as a method of expelling his past regret, he used death, betrayal and pain to create beautiful creations that has awed all that ever set eyes upon his work.

"Your art is your redemption.... 

Elpidio is your rebirth, your second chance at life. 

You are a victim of circumstance, not a sinner by choice."

Elpidio couldn't understand why Aliyana couldn't understand how dangerously dark he was. Why she kept pushing him.  Soon, the lines of professionalism became blurred and Ally and Elpidio became more intimate than Curator and Artiste.

“You should be running away from me, not willingly running into the darkness holding my fucking hand.”

“It’s too late,” she said quietly, “You’ve already consumed me. There is no turning back from you, not now. My hand’s never letting go of yours, eternal darkness or not.”


His art gave him one woman, that fights for him, against all the odds. He became his own worst enemy, and Aliyana Prince became his hope.

“You are my hope, Ally. You’re every hope I’ve ever dared to have…"


This was as much an emotional as well as passionate story. The intensity that is Elpidio and the fierceness that Aliyana showed, in fighting for him and them. It was remarkable.

*ARC provided by Have Book Will Read on behalf of the author for an honest review* Thanks!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment