Tuesday 4 November 2014

The Redemption by S.L. Scott


Synopsis

He was everything she never wanted. Yet, she couldn’t stop thinking about him.

Soulful, amber eyes

A sex, drugs, and rock n’roll reputation

A body that beckoned for sin

Three years ago Rochelle Floros was living her dream come true… then lost it all. On the worst day of her life, the last person she expected to be there for her was a rock star and tabloid favorite. Now, she’s trying to rebuild her life after the tragedy that destroyed her fairytale. Slowly, she found herself captivated by a sexy, bad boy drummer she had known for years.

Rochelle was caught between the grief that shrouded her heart and the charismatic man that made it race. What she didn’t know is if he was being sincere or toying with her heart. The Redemption is about finding the pulse of your soul in the most unlikely places and giving love a chance to grow.


Can what she wants really be what she needs? With his rhythm and her passion, can they make music together? Or will their harmony be lost forever?



Book Links: Goodreads / Amazon / iTunes


About S.L. Scott

S.L. Scott is a former high-tech account manager with a journalism degree pursuing her passion for telling stories. She spends her days escaping into her characters and letting them lead her on their adventures.




Live music shows, harvesting jalapenos and eating homemade guacamole are her obsessions she calls hobbies.

Scott lives in the beautiful Texas hill country of Austin with her husband, two young sons, two Papillons and a bowl full of Sea Monkeys.
Her novels include Naturally, Charlie, Good Vibrations, and A Prior Engagement.

Links:
She welcomes your notes at sl@slscottauthor.com






3.5 stars



The heart holds not only the power over our souls but the key to it.


Antonio Dexter Caggiano a.k.a Dex. Bad boy rock star drummer for The Resistance, is the epitome of all that is a "Rock Star." He's got the reputation- sex symbol, drug user, womanizer and hard core partier.  Dex is an enigma, one that he uses to his advantage. He has lots of issues, most stemming from his childhood and family issues. But the major one... is being in love with his dead best friend's, girl. He's been in love with Rochelle Floros since she was nineteen years old. Since the day she brought him into the band.

She’s the sun when it sets and my moon when it rises. My day begins and ends with her on my mind” - Dex 

Rochelle Floros,  is a heartbroken and devastated widower. The mother to two young boys, who tragically lost her partner in a plane crash. Three years later and Rochelle is still grieving, while attempting to continue managing the band, The Resistance.


Antonio Dexter Caggiano sees right through the facade I put on for everyone else

In small ways Dex and Rochelle's find comfort in each other and soon turns into something more than friendship. Rochelle is afraid to move on; afraid to bring a man into her family, afraid to love again. She's petrified of what her feelings for Dex will mean. The changes it will bring about and what that would mean for her memory of Cory. Would she be betraying him, their family, the band, but mostly, would she be betraying herself.

What I loved about Dex was that he was so patient and charming. Absolutely understanding of Rochelle and her situation.

“I make very few promises in life, but this one I can make to you. Rochelle Floros, I’m coming for you. It’s our time, so get ready for me.”

S.L. Scott encompassed the maturity of the characters by setting the scenes around real life issues- children, in-laws, work relationships, drugs abuse, rehabilitation- it was perfectly portrayed and handled with well thought out scenes.

"He left us all. I’ve tried to hold back, for your sake. To not require you to think about me, but I fucking miss him, every single day. I miss my friend. I know you loved him. So did I. He was the only one in my life I could always rely on. That void will never be filled, Rochelle. I’m not trying to fill his shoes. I’m not him. All I can be is me and hope it’s good enough.”

Now, I will say I was routing for Dex from the start of the book. Dex turned his life around - being a drug user and going through rehab- all to stay in the band and redeem himself from his old life. I kept getting angry and seriously annoyed with Rochelle. All of her topsy turvy thoughts and the way she treated Dex. Like come on!!!! She pissed me the eff!!! off. Being the band manager and also a close friend of Dex's, along with his best friend's better half, the judgemental bull was a big ole STOP!! sign for me,

As their dance around each other slowly escalates into something "more," Rochelle finally starts to see Dex for the kind hearted  and changed person he is, but it's a little too late. Angry and fed up of being judged for his past errors. Dex devises a rather interesting plan for Rochelle to catch him in a most compromising position. To prove t her he can revert to his old ways. And the plan works. All because Dex got fed up of her perversity towards him. When Rochelle discovers him, she's now heartbroken.









*ARC provided by InkSlinger PR on behalf of the author for an honest review*

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reading and for the review. Love the pics too. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete