Thursday 4 December 2014

Easy Virtue (Virtue #1) by Mia Asher




Synopsis


Love is selfish...


My name is Blaire.

I'm the bad girl.

The other woman.

The one who never gets the guy in the end.



I'm the gold digger.

The bitch.

The one no one roots for.

The one you love to hate.



I hate myself too...



Everyone has a story. Are you ready for mine?









BOOK LINKS





ABOUT MIA

My name is Mia Asher.

I'm a writer, a hopeless romantic, a wanderer, a dreamer, a cynic, and a believer. And, oh yes…I might be a bit crazy - but who isn't?





4 Stars

Love is my personal chimera.

Blaire White, the epitome of a peacock strutting her stuff. Growing up in a toxic, loveless, household filled with anguish and desolation has hardened Blaire. Emotionless and outfitted by Barnes, her armor well secured. Donning her plastic exterior; picture perfection of a Milan model, she's ready for battle. She uses her looks, mouth and body to sell her soul. Piece by piece, SLOWLY. METHODICALLY. SEXUALLY.





Blaire soon lives up to that name, She Devil.

One night while at a function Blaire runs into two different men. One darkly handsome, exuding sexuality and disgustingly rich; the other, I smile. He smiles. And the world disappears. 




Enter Hunk #1.... Ronan. Sweet, lovable, working class Ronan, with his boyish good looks and charming charisma. Sigh............. Chauffeur by day, sideline photographer, and crazy over Blaire.




He loves wholeheartedly. Ronan made an emotionless Blaire, feel. He made her desire the things she once dreamed she could have. Dreams of things she wants to have.

With Ronan she feels everything. Too much. She isn't good enough for him.

"I'm a survivor with my own set of rules.
And not even your kindness will make me break them." 

Knowing she isn't worthy of Ronan. Knowing her lifestyle and the things she wants, Blaire breaks his heart by disgusting him with the attributes of her lifestyle.




Blaire's short ride on the rainbow has come to an abrupt end. One name, Mr. Rothschild. (Hunk #2) oooohhhh, he's my man for Blaire. I love his charisma, his charm, his everything. He's Blaire's imprint, only he's the rich bastard paying for it. Lawrence Rothschild is the richy rich of RICH! He wants Blaire and he makes no excuses as to what, exactly he is after.


“We speak the same language. You and me… we’re both cut from the same cloth. We see something we want and we take it. We don’t let emotions get the best of us.”




My thoughts:

Let me start from the end. I am intrigued by Lawrence and can't wait to see some more depth into his story. Also the premise of a love triangle was exhilarating and the thrill of seeing a show being put on for Ronan between Blaire and Lawrence, well olallaaaaa. My heart also broke a little for Ronan at the end, when he realised who he had to pick up.

Blaire's unrepentant attitude towards being a gold digger was well portrayed and the verbiage was excellent. The only misgiving I had was that even though she was unrepentant towards her lifestyle based on old insecurities transcending time from childhood to adolescent to adulthood, she was still searching for love, but only her version of it.



She portrays a certain image and fights for it till the end. The only person that wants her and truly her, she decided to throw to the side because he couldn't satisfy her monetary needs. Even with this little emotion that had me think "like really," it was still a worthy of my 4 stars.

All in all a fast paced and exiting read.

*ARC provided by TRSOR on behalf of the author* Thanks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment