Thursday 21 May 2015

Forgotten Treasures by D. Hart


Title: Forgotten Treasures
Author: D. Hart
Genre: NA | Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 19, 2015




Synopsis

In the aftermath of destruction, hearts were destroyed, strengths were stripped, and vulnerabilities were exposed. 



A community was ripped apart after a tragic accident, and the loss hit one family particularly hard as it claimed the lives of three, leaving only one surviving member to pick up the pieces and move forward.



Baylor’s life was wiped clean in the blink of an eye. No family, no home, no name. That is, until she met Brandt. He took a chance, giving her hope and a reason to start over. A reason to rebuild a life full of forgotten memories. A reason to trust. A reason to love. 



Finding love in all the right places should be easy, but when truths are revealed, it's anything but. Brandt will help her rediscover the true meaning of unconditional eternal love that will prove painful, life altering, and redeeming.


Together, they will try to face the future and will use each other’s strengths to learn how to live again. Can they rewrite history, or in the end, will the tragedies of their pasts be too much?




BOOK TRAILER





Buy Links for FORGOTTEN TREASURES




excerpt 

“You want to drive it?” he asked.

“Ummm, yeah, if you don’t mind.” I was dying inside. I loved cars. I didn’t know why, but I always felt at peace driving down a quiet road with the music blaring and the windows rolled down. I felt free.

He held the driver’s door open, and I hopped inside happily. He laughed as he shut the door. As soon as I saw the stick shift, I frowned. The passenger door opened, and he slid inside and watched me glare at the stick.

“Not a stick driver, huh?”
I shook my head sadly.

“Well, I guess we are going to have to change that, aren’t we?”
I couldn’t hide the fact he had just made my night. “Really? I don’t want to break your car. It’s so pretty.” I petted the leather console separating us.

“Yes, it is quite the beauty, and, yes, I’m sure. You won’t break my car. I’m more worried about you breaking my heart.”

I blushed. From any other guy that would have been the cheesiest line on the planet, but it sounded so natural coming from those lips. And honest. If he was alluding to me breaking his heart, then he must have at least seen himself with me past tonight, which rose my heat meter ten degrees.

“You ready?” he asked.

“Are you?” I responded.


He shot me a seductive smile, revealing his hidden dimples and melting my panties. Dammit. I was trying so hard to keep those in place. 



Author Bio

I'm a...



Mom

Firefighter Wife

Sister

Sister-In-Law

Daughter

Aunt
Friend
Multi-genre Writer
Reader
and so many other ordinary things.

I love my life and am so grateful for all of the support. I have the courage to live a dream. 






Author Social Links

Wattpad (sample Forgotten Treasures) / Newsletter


GIVEAWAY INFO

D. Hart is offering the following prizes!  Giveaway ends at 11:59 PM CST 05/25/2015.

·         (1) $25 Amazon Gift Card and a signed copy of Forgotten Treasures (INTL)




4 stars

A remarkable and compelling journey, through the recesses of a young woman's mind; from darkness into light. Through sorrow and pain, the memories of, what was and what is no more; comes to us, an epic love story. A young couple transcending all obstacles, proving, wishes and second chances do come true.

Told in two halves; part one is where our amnesiac, Freckles, is desperately attempting to figure out her past. And part two, gives us some more insight into, Freckles, before, during and after certain traumatic evens occur, thus creating her state of amnesia.



Our young heroine wakes up in a hospital bed, without any recollection of her past. Stranded in the dark recesses of her mind are the traumatizing memories that will bring her to her knees, when she remembers. She has Dissociative Amnesia. Commonly caused from trauma- the death of a loved one, a car accident and everything in between. Meeting Grady Reilly, was a breathe of fresh air within the confines of her mind and the hospital walls. He became a daily necessity for her. Helping with her physical therapy, conversation and friendship that settled her mind even if for a little time each day. Grady Reilly is a volunteer at the hospital where, Freckles, as Grady named her, spends her time until she is released. 

On the day of her release, Grady sees Freckles sitting, alone on a pavement bench. Lost and scared. 


Knowing she has no one, especially her memories, Grady offers her comfort in the form of support. He gives her a shelter, all other basic amenities, and most importantly, his friendship. Grady understands anger and pain. What it is to be lost after a traumatic incident.

Grady asks his neighbour and step-brother, Brandt to look out for Freckles, whenever Grady isn't around. Just to keep and eye out. Bumping into Brandt has awakened an attraction that Freckles doesn't understand, but it awakens memories, she thought lost.

"My mind had hidden away the memories, protecting the forgotten treasures."

After some spending time with Brandt and Grady, Freckles does some soul searching and she realises that both Brandt and Grady have painful pasts, and her being in close proximity to them, is causing undue distress.







As the story unfolds, Freckles, memories rush back to her, and the trauma of learning what was forgotten, becomes even more devastating. Her life has been one incident after another. Impacting heavily on her life and those around her.  She finds her one true love, Brandt, and understands that Grady was her friend and confidant.


"I had reached a place within myself I never knew, and Brandt had now become more than just a want. He was a necessity. He was my lifeline."


This was a lovely emotional read. I had some issues early on with the book. Like in the synopsis, Freckles, name was given away. That took away from the story for me a little. Then there was no emotional connection to Freckles at the beginning. I felt disconnected to her character and I honestly, couldn't understand certain parts of the storyline. At 20% I became perturbed by a certain statement from Brandt when they were having dinner.  For someone portrayed as being supportive and loving, I felt his statements at that scene was not appropriate. It was out of character for him.

So that was that till the second part started. This is where the book started to flare and it got me hooked and emotionally drained. I felt so much. Anger, hurt, heartbreak, love, failure, it was all encompassing. Brandt was the perfect hero. Portrayed aptly. Grady! OMG, that poor guy. There are no words for him. I was just crushed. Can't wait for his book.

*ARC provided by As the Pages Turn on behalf of the author for an honest review* Thanks!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment